Registration for the 2020 Spanish Language fair will open on Monday, February 3, 2020, at 12:00 AM.
Please go to our Spanish Language Fair Registration tab to register.
By registering your child for Españolandia, you grant permission for your child to be photographed or videotaped by Brigham Young University for educational, promotional, and training purposes. We will not identify your child by name in any promotional activity. Thank you for your support of our program! Click here to download the Media Release Form. Teachers are responsible for making sure that each student participating has a signed Media Release Form.
What information is asked for on the registration form?
Click here to download a sample version of our Registration Form.
Registration Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions
- When does registration open? Registration for the BYU Spanish Fair opens the first Monday in February. Registration for the 2020 Spanish Language Fair will open on Monday, February 3, 2020 at 12:00 AM.
- Where do I register? Register online through this website when registration opens. The registration form can be found by clicking on the Spanish Language Fair Registration tab.
- How long do I have to register? Registration will close when 2,500 students have been registered (due to space limitations and fire code regulations), so be sure to register as soon as you can!
- How many students can my school bring? There is a registration limit of 100 students per school. There is a $4 registration fee for each student. This fee can be paid online with a credit card at the time of registration. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions about paying your fee.
- Which students can attend the Spanish Fair? Only middle, junior high, and high school students enrolled in Spanish Level 2 or higher are eligible to participate. Make sure to enroll your students in the correct language levels! Each teacher is responsible for registering their students in the correct events. More information available here.
- Is there a minimum or maximum number of events that a student can participate in? Every student MUST participate in at least one competitive Spanish Language Fair event (Españolandia does not count as a competitive event). Students may participate in as many events as the would like, as long as the events do not conflict (such as Language Bowl and Skits).
- Can my students just go to Españolandia without competing in an event? Students may NOT come with the intent of attending Españolandia only. Participation in Españolandia is offered as a reward to those who have worked hard to prepare for the competitions.
- My credit card isn’t working for the registration! Sometimes, credit cards are denied at registration if you do not use the exact same address as the one that appears on the credit card’s billing statement. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or difficulties with payment.
- How do I know my registration went through? If you registered successfully, you should see TWO receipts in your email inbox — one for the registration and one for the payment. If you believe you registered correctly, but do not see one or both of these, check your Spam/Trash folder. If you still have not received them, contact us by emailing email@example.com or by phone at 801-422-2837.
- I registered my students, but there have been changes in my registration! You can edit your registration after submitting it. Before March 20, click here to edit your registration. After submitting this Google Form, you will receive an email with a link that allows you to further edit your submission. Edits will no longer be accepted after March 20, and any request to edit must be done by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration is closed but I want to take my students to the Spanish Fair this year! What can I do? Sign up on the waitlist! For those of you who weren’t able to register before registration closed, feel free to sign up on this Waitlist. However, if registration is still open, you may NOT sign up via the waitlist.
- My students are in elementary school but they really want to come to the Spanish Fair! We regret that BYU can no longer host elementary school students at any of our foreign language fairs, (including the Spanish Fair), because we can no longer accommodate the number of schools that wish to attend. However, UVU is now hosting an annual Dual Language Immersion Fair for 4th, 5th, and 6th-grade elementary students. For more information on participating in UVU’s Dual Language Immersion Fair please click here.